SOLD by Ian McSkimming!
- 3 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 4 Cars
Stately English-style Country House & Garden - 1.67 acres - Prestigious Location
Set right back behind a secure gated entrance and surrounded by park-like gardens, this elegant custom-built double story home offers privacy and style like no other. Being located along arguably one of Stirling's most beautiful and architecturally interesting streets, also adds respect, lifestyle value and a certain mystique.
The 6770m2 grounds are a delight. Meandering pathways, dry-stone walls, water features and open lawn are all complemented perfectly by a vast array of stunning deciduous trees, conifers and ornamental shrubs. Native birdlife abounds and koalas visit. Privacy is assured. Enjoy the serenity.
The English-style country home c.1979 is exquisite. Built to a standard rather than to a price, along classic lines rather than contemporary fashion, it exudes enduring quality and charm. It's also designed with lots of glass to capture essential sunlight and to take advantage of year round garden views.
Beautifully decorated and well-appointed throughout, the home boasts art-deco plaster cornicing, richly polished timber floors, new light fittings, and quality soft furnishings. Year round comfort is also assured. There are multiple options for heating and cooling including Daikin underfloor heating, r.c. air-conditioning and cosy wood combustion heating.
The estate is well fenced and secure for children & pets (in particular the family dog). New environmentally compatible post, rail and wire 2.1m high fencing surrounds the property.
Other important features include:
* Automated gated entrance with intercom.
* Long paved driveway with circular turn-around.
* Gracious entrance hall. First impressions count! Side portico entrance. Just as impressive.
* 3 extra-large bedrooms each with en-suite facilities.
* 3 separate living rooms. (formal lounge, dining & theatre room)
* Sparkling tiled utility room/laundry with separate wc. After garden clean-up made easy.
* Wonderful covered balcony. Relax with a good book and a glass of wine.
* A raised party' deck. Entertain friends; admire the views; watch the sunset.
* 8.2m x 6.3m double garage/hobby room/gymnasium.
* Carport and vine covered pergola.
* Large concrete rainwater tank plumbed to house.
* Large roof-space. Potential to create additional upstairs rooms.
Rarely does an estate property of this calibre reach the market..and it's meticulously presented and well managed. Located within Stirling's historical dress circle' precinct, it is within easy reach of main street restaurants, cafes, boutique shopping and St Catherine's School. For intending commuters, access via the S.E. freeway, to and from the city is a breeze. Inspection highly recommended.
- Air Conditioning
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Shops
- Close To Transport
- Secure Parking
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.