SOLD by Ian McSkimming & David Parkins!
- 3 Beds
- 2 Baths
- 2 Cars
** A GREAT OPPORTUNITY AT WELL UNDER REPLACEMENT COST**
Dare to be different - 4.2 beautiful acres - Unique energy efficient home.
Utilising elements of passive solar design, supplemented by a 13Kw solar PV system and double glazing, this amazing 7 star energy rated home is a rare find indeed.
Purpose built in 2014, the home combines incredible functionality with refined elegance. Positioned along a peaceful no-through road amongst other quality properties it is north facing, and overlooks 1.7 Ha of beautiful gum-studded Adelaide Hills land with winter creek, dam and woodlot. This substantial land holding also has frontages to both Wissell Street and Towers Road.
You will love the large, light filled spaces offered here including generous sized bedrooms, a multi-functional living area of grand proportions, and the semi enclosed 'alfresco' outdoor living area. High 2.7m ceilings complement these spaces which are then further enhanced by double glazed sliding doors opening up the home to either the private central courtyard or to the beauty of the surrounding natural setting.
Fully ducted air conditioning, subtle underfloor heating and the use of superior insulating materials, all supplement the natural heating and cooling elements of the eco' design. Importantly the outcome is being warm in winter, cool in summer at little cost.
Some additional features of the home include:
* Flexible floorplan. Up to 4 bedrooms (or 3 with study/library/teenage retreat)
* Impressive master bedroom suite with large WIR and ensuite bathroom with spa.
* 3 way main bathroom. Very practical.
* Well equipped ergonomic European style kitchen.
* Double glazed doors and windows throughout the home.
* Low power LED lights, monitored security and fully cabled (Cat6)
* 22,500L domestic water tank plumbed to the house. 30,000L CFS tank.
* 1 acre of land dedicated to 25 year old eucalypts known as the McCubbin Forest.
* Double garage (umr) plus a 6m x 6m shed with industrial shelving.
And your inspection will reveal that there's so much more!
Being located just 25 minutes from the Adelaide CBD via the S.E. Freeway and only 5 minutes or so from the iconic villages of Stirling, Aldgate and Hahndorf, makes this the perfect place to enjoy a healthy and vibrant lifestyle on the doorstep to the city.
- Air Conditioning
- Alarm System
- Built-In Wardrobes
- Close To Schools
- Double Glazed
- Secure Parking
- Underfloor Heating
See all features
2 garage spaces
Do you want to find out more about this suburb? Enter your details to receive a free comprehensive suburb report.